Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

I know someone can help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Location: St. Charles the last 11 yrs. Moving about an hr. south. Cedar Hill area.
Default I know someone can help me!!!

2003 Ford Explorer. Eddie Bauer, AWD. It's an honor Ford people.

Last edited by gidget444; 04-11-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: It went before I typed anything.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Welcome to the site..

What's the issue or concern?

Old 04-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Location: St. Charles the last 11 yrs. Moving about an hr. south. Cedar Hill area.

Again, 2003 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer, AWD, w installed hvy duty tow pkg. Sorry Ford friends, that it took so long to get back with you. I was on an android phone and I nearly lost my mind. Only pc's from now on. Not a wiz on either. I just got my dream vehicle 2-13-17. CRAZY STUFF started happening right away like the dome light wouldn't go off til u drove a half block or so, or it wldn't come on at all. Brake lights wldn't come on, or wldn't go off. Right, front window quit and message center kept reading door ajar when there wasn't & liftgate open when it wasn't. The liftgate wld be open on its own and not send mess. When u did pop the liftgate, it wldn't open. The radio wldn't always stay on til the door opened and the seats wldn't always warm or auto adjust. Finally, he noticed the battery was being quickly drained. A full charge reduced to under 11 vlts within 30 mins. We did purchase a new battery. PRAISE JESUS!!!!!! that my BFF got on it right away to fix the window and noticed the electrical system had been jumped.....Nearly all relays and wires TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM. The only thing left was to catch fire. He has replaced or cleaned all relays and found multi bad grounds. We bought a multi meter, a D.T.C scanner and this computer for Ford's online manuals. From Ford's service bullitin 03-136 he knew the PCM was fried. We ordered that and we still have pin#s 32 & 33 that are supposed to have voltage within 1volt of the batteries voltage & they read between 4 & 5 volts. We bought a pigtale wiring kit. Haven't installed it yet. It shows how but not where to install it. He thinks it goes at the starter terminal. He is looking for a complete wiring diagram. If you know where we cld find that please let us know. AND... The B.J.B, 2 different relays & both sides of the control circuit has voltage. This shouldn't be. At this point he is preparing to do the pin test A. Again, recommended by Ford, as also the pigtale wiring kit. If anyone knows anything???? Please comment, suggest and advise is very welcome. All I want is to drive my Ford. Thanks forum for having me and thank you Ford, well, for being Ford.