Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

power point help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Default power point help

Hey all, here is the problem. I have an 02 explorer and both power points have kicked the bucket. I figured that if I replaced them things would be all set. Guess I was wrong. It is not the fuse, number 24 is all good. Does any one have an idea on how to fix this or what else could be the issue? I dont feel like going to the dealer. Thank you for your help.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Default RE: power point help

1993 ford explorer
4dr
4wd
what I did was I bought a 3way box w/ 3 cigarette lighter plugs(from a truck stop, auto part store,or wal-mart.
I took the new box w/ 3 plugs,found the hot wire hooked it to the hot on the hold power point wire,
then the negative to the negative wire.
u could also run them straight to the battery as mind has a switch for on/off, also has an indicator light to show when it's on.
I crimped the wires together.
i monted the box to the dash.
i suppose you could also run to the fuse box.
I also checked fuses that looked good, but when i checked w/ a multimeter it showed to be bad.

Good Luck

Old 01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Default RE: power point help

also when i was done i used a test light to make sure it was hooked up right. (meaning negative ground)
where the tip touches is postive, it lights up.

the sides don't light up as that where the negative tabs touch.

if this don't help,i'll draw a picture and scan it to show you.