Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Radio reception

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:52 PM
pcm
Default Radio reception

My 99 XLT got introduced to a deer a little while ago at 50 mph. Glancing blow off the right front. Not too much damage. Fender, headlight, some trim.

The issue now is that my radio reception stinks. No AM at all. Picks up nothing. On FM, only the strongest stations come through clearly.

I mentioned it to the body shop and they said they saw nothing on that end to indication a problem with the antenna.

Would be possible, in the crunching, that the antenna got yanked and is not plugged securely into the radio?
Can i get to that without taking that center cluster panel apart? Can I remove the inside of the glove compartment and reach up in to check? It's Maine in the middle of winter and I have no inside work space.

Short of that, how do I get at the radio so I can check that connection? Am I looking at the wrong end?

Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.