Ford Explorer This long running SUV has stood tough against the barrage of new entries into the mid sized SUV market, and with a variety of engine sizes and trim lines, the Exploder offers something for everyone.

Who can discover this problem Im having?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Default Who can discover this problem Im having?????

Ok I have a 98 ford explore sport.That aint staying on or you may say it aint cranking over.I changed the gas pump,filter,and fuel regulator nothing worked checked the relay and fuel reset all is in good working order.What does work is when i pour alittle gas through the intake manifold.The car stays ON after the gas runs out everything shuts down. I let to work on car just like any person wouldnt mind spending money like to solve mechanical issues. Who would like to take on the task with me ???REPLY LOL thank you for your time

Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Default RE: Who can discover this problem Im having?????

ok we've had this problem there could be one of two things bad ground or bad fuel relay....my guess fuel relay

Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Default RE: Who can discover this problem Im having?????

thanks for reading my post noticed more views than replys and for thoughs whole repled thank you.. update on the car i checked the fuel pressure. the gauge didnt even moved to 5 psi it was about 2-3 .. i'm going to take back the fuel pump still under warrente heard about badd fuel pumps being sold hopefully thats the case. or else i'l be changing the fuel lines .