Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

2010 F150 Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jack2of3
Seems kinda steep for 20 minutes work! The steering wheel pops off when you release the three springs and then takeoff the one bolt. The actual programming is point and click stuff. As long as they guarantee that it will work when they are done and it will only take the one trip it is probably worth the money. No guarantee, I would refuse to pay.

That is how those places make sooooo much money. They force you to go there and then they ream you for the smallest stuff. It must be nice. used 08 volkswagen gti beaverton 6 speed manual

Last edited by Douglas_48; 09-28-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-22-2011, 09:58 AM

have not given up here, will try and talk to Gary at Bluebonnet Ford the next time I'm in New Braunfels. I'm with Jack, for $100 they ought to switch out the wheels and do the programming. If it works, great if not seems like it should be a no harm no foul, no pay kind of deal. Would like to find someone in Texas that the CCS has successfully seen their programming work. Can't believe CCS is blowing smoke about this.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:34 PM

Just keeping the thread alive.
For the past three weeks I've been driving the 220 miles from home to Houston and Back(out on Monday back on Thursday) and yes we have 3 dogs, 4 handguns 5 rifles and a 12 gauge and my Dad lives in the guest house next door and he is always home and is crotchety!. Cruise control would sure be nice. I get to look at the pretty lights on the buttons and ponder installing an after market kit for $400.00. So far my foot has managed to keep it pretty constant with occasional lapses in the 80mph range.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Default 10 F150 Cruise Control

Hey everyone.
I'm a new member here and I recently purchased the OEM Cruise Control Steering Wheel from crusiecontrolstore.com. I had the dealer install it today.(I didn't want to take any chances with the airbag) They programmed it and it did not work. (I took the programming instructions from the cruisecontrolstore.com website with me.)

My cost at the dealer for installing and programming was $101.52

They contacted Ford Hotline Assistance Request and there reply was,
Some customers of 2008-2011 F Super duty or 2011 F-150 may want to add speed control to a vehicle that was not originally equipped. Ford Motor Co. does not support this modification, and does not provide a kit to enable speed control. Adding steering wheel control switches will not enable the function nor can the PCM be enabled for speed control present.

I contacted the cruisecontrolstore.com by phone and spoke with a tech named Michael. He says, they have been doing this since Ford changed over to the new body style in 2009. If the dealer is willing to call them and ask for him, he will be able to talk him through it.(makes me think the have a way of programming around it somehow) I called the dealer and they are going to do it in the morning. I'll let everyone know how this goes tomorrow. By the way, the tech says the posted programming instructions on there website is not for the 2010 F-150 (another reason I think they have a way of programming around it)

Last edited by bandmngr; 04-11-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Default F-150 Cruise Control

If you get your cruise working I'll have my hope restored. I have been driving to Houston and back weekly for a few months now and cruise would make it a lot more pleasant 3.45 hour drive (so would discombobulators to get rid of all the nuts causing traffic jams). WHEN the dealer gets your cruise working please have them show, write down or somehow convey exactly how they managed to get it working.
Hope you have great success!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Talking Cruise Control

Just back from the dealer. He hooked up his programmer and called the tech help 800 number at cruisecontrolstore.com. As I said in my first post, they have a different program for the 2010-2011 F-150. The tech (Michael) walked him through it and in a little over 45 min. later my truck has cruise control. He told me he had to remove the other program and install the new one.

Best of all, the dealer did not charge me for the reprogramming. So, the best thing to do is take the tech support number with you when you go to get yours programmed. 800-343-1382. I would also tell them to ask for Michael. I hope everyone has as much luck with this as I did.

Please let me know if this works for you too.

Last edited by bandmngr; 04-12-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Default Cruising

Congratulations!!! I hope it is that simple for my guy. He is pretty sharp so it should go smooth. I got an appointment for Friday AM. Fortunately The Cruise Control Store is on East Coast time.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Talking Cruise Control

Great. Let everyone know how it works out for you. I got on the freeway and just rode for an hour just to enjoy it with mine.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Default What Ford Dealer and Tech did your work?

[quote=bandmngr;61745] Just back from the dealer. quote]

Who please? Name of dealer, name of ford service tech.

I still have my wheel and still want to get it done, but I've been getting 22.7 MPG over 1000 mile road trips (CO. to TX, OK to TX, Austin to West Texas and back) without cruise. Driving 70-75 MPH block time 60mph with stops. But I'm like Jack above, I'd rather beable to set it on cruise and stretch my leg from time to time.

Heck, the Texas House just passed a law today to make the speed limit on I-10 85 at least in west texas.......

Regardless, please tel me where you had this done so I can go to the same problem fixed.

Also how much total did the dealer charge you to install the wheel and program it?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jack2of3
Congratulations!!! I hope it is that simple for my guy. He is pretty sharp so it should go smooth. I got an appointment for Friday AM. Fortunately The Cruise Control Store is on East Coast time.

What is cruise contol store charging for the service call? Also, What dealer and tech if you can pass that info along. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Cruise Control