Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 f150 300 odd qusetions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Default 94 f150 300 odd qusetions

1st i have put on now 2 valve covers both worked for a while(weeks) and then blow out(when i take the valve cover off its almost shredded in spots felpro rubber) one time i used rtv and one time not cleaned it well valve cover is not warped the leaks develope and i dont have high oil pressure either just curious of this issue

2nd fuel leaves my rear tank and drops into my front whats up with this

and im wanting to put a v8 in this truck is there a link to where someone has done this also ive heard of the wonder bread f150 i was told to just ask and a ford person would know. something along the lines of a 4 cyl diesal that runs off veggie oil gives great gas mileage and has way more power than doin a v8 swap so if any one knows about this or if even true any info would be greatly appreciated.

money i dont have time i do with that said a link to 4wd swap would be nice i got good luck getting old trucks without title for dirt cheap. but this is my favorite truck so i wana keep him just give him some upgrades

and lastly i heard of a false dually set up is bad or just useless i just drive this truck and tow a few lil cars here and there so its not really a work truck.

to all the 300 fans i know its an amazing engine but its not for me the six=8 isnt for me either no criticism also i have a cummins 5.9 turbo could this be useful to my f150 (with the v8 or wonder bread conversion?)

Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 PM

Your 300 is a great motor dude it just seems that your valve covers are screwin up I'd take another gasket and take some red rtv and a cork rubber gasket the problem with the covers is its a long block so it has some of the same problems the 4.0 jeep motor has its hard to keep straight and level, now for the veggie truck you cant just take a diesel motor and run it off veggie oil there is alittle more work to be done then that, go to your local library and there should be some literature on it, now I know that Cummins makes a 4cyl diesel that would fit in the truck but its mainly used for light duty trucks ( wranglers, samari's, etc) and fork lifts its a damn good motor but for a full size truck it might use most of its power in just trying to move the truck, now if you really want a v-8 you'll have to replace the trans as well unlike chevy not all motors match up with the same trans your best bet is a 302 but you'll have to change your ECM (computers) with what ever you decide to put in it because contrary to popular belief even though they have many of the same sensors they run at different ranges, either way you look at it your looking at alot of work and its not going to be cheap your gettin decent gas milage out of your 300 with plenty of pulling power and plenty of torque the 300 is a mule use it

Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by ImmaFordBoy69
Your 300 is a great motor dude it just seems that your valve covers are screwin up I'd take another gasket and take some red rtv and a cork rubber gasket the problem with the covers is its a long block so it has some of the same hid headlight kits problems the 4.0 jeep motor has its hard to keep straight and level, now for the veggie truck you cant just take a diesel motor and run it off veggie oil there is alittle more work to be done then that, go to your local library and there should be some literature on it, now I know that Cummins makes a 4cyl diesel that would fit in the truck but its mainly used for light duty trucks ( wranglers, samari's, etc) and fork lifts its a damn good motor but for a full size truck it might use most of its power in just trying to move the hid kits truck, now if you really want a v-8 you'll have to replace the trans as well unlike chevy not all motors match up with the same trans your best bet is a 302 but you'll have to change your ECM (computers) with what ever you decide to put in it because contrary to popular belief even though they have many of the same sensors they run at different ranges, either way you look at it your looking at alot of work and its not going to be cheap your gettin decent gas milage out of your 300 with plenty of pulling power and plenty of torque the 300 is a mule use it

I wish all companies would come together and create the same general motor dimensions so swapping wouldn't be such a pain =( lol

Old 12-12-2010, 04:09 PM

well even with them coming together it would still be a pain because there is alot more to swapping a motor besides just slapping it in theres trans problems as well as computer problems a 351's original computer is designed to run a 351 so putting in a 302 with that computer will mess it all up

Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 AM

check your PVC valve...sounds like you arent getting proper crankcase ventilation, hence the blown gaskets...just a thought

Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 AM

I agree with wavewarrior if you take your pcv valve out and you shake it and it doesn't rattle go get a new one they're not anymore then 5 bucks but they make a big difference