Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light on Code 2 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 09:37 PM

I have read through pinpoint test k and it is long, confusing and potentially dangerous. the testing wants short, grd and resistance checks of airbag circuits. I have a problem recommending that to non professionals.

Cleve, was the code obtained with a scan tool from your truck? if so were there any descriptors digits after the code? ie b2293 01

hanky does ford use load tools for testing airbags circuits? This method is used by other manufactures and takes the guess work out of diagnosis.

the load tool has the same resistance as the air bag. the load tool is plugged into the harness in place of the air bag. if the dtc now clears, the problem is the airbag. if the code is still present you know the airbag is ok and you plug in at the next connector closer to the air bag module... continuing until the dtc clears. when it clears you have located the problem circuit.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cleve
Is there a way to clear this code and see if it happens again?
there are 2 ways to clear this code:

1. if the problem is not present at the key on state of health check; the system will clear the air bag light itself

2. a scan tool to clear air bag dtc. if the problem is present after clearing, it will reset immediately at the key on state of health check.

so if you start the truck and the light still there; clearing the dtc with a scan tool is useless.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:01 PM

no but definitely tighten up the loose connection.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:32 AM

Some systems have what is called an occupant detection system. It may be part of that.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:48 AM

So I'm guessing you guys don't have any ideals???? Could a person change the RCM with another one? I read some where you cant do that or can you? Thanks

Old 08-12-2015, 02:20 PM

Can't say if the battery post condition is causing or part of the problem,but when we see something that "could" cause a problem it is best to correct it and move on from there.
It wouldn't be the first time something like that threw a monkey wrench into the mix.
You are at that point where special equipment is necessary to determine the problem and it's cause. There is just so much you are able to do without the right test equip.
You will need to bite the bullet and have a shop with the necessary equip troubleshoot and find the problem. Throwing parts at a problem can get more expensive than having a qualified shop check it out.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:29 PM

If I were to find out if there was any other code descriptor digits what would they tell me?

Old 08-12-2015, 07:33 PM

I will check into it at identifix. I will get back to you on the weekend. I don't fix fords daily. If it was a gm product I could tell you.

unfortunately getting good diagnostics at shops is all about the car going to the right technician. when you go to a shop. ask for there best tech, even if you have book at a later date to wait for this person.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:44 PM

i pm'ed you some stuff.

Last edited by primem; 08-15-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:24 PM

Should get my part today to test.....

Quick Reply: Airbag light on Code 2 1