Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Trucks, Ford Vans & Ford SUV's > Ford F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2008, 08:11 PM

Default Camber/caster adjustment

I installed a lift in my 91 F-150 4x4 and wanna get the alignment close so i can drive it to the shop to get it done. I have never adjusted a ford before so im just looking for the proper procedure.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 AM

Default RE: Camber/caster adjustment

If the alignment shop is not to far I would take a tape measure and set the toe close to 0 and drive it to the shop. It really is to much work just to get it close enough to take to the shop.
But if you want, and you have the shims you will need to remove the nut from the upper ball joint, drive the old shim out, install the new one in a position you think will be close to what you want and reinstall the nut. After doing that you will need to set the toe close to 0.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:14 AM

Does it need new shims or can the old ones be adjusted?
Old 05-03-2008, 07:54 PM

If they are the factory ones, then they can't be adjusted. They would need to be replaced with one that has the correct degree offset. If they are aftermarket then some can be adjusted and some can't.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 PM

I was checking it out closer today and it looks to me like it has the 92+ style adjusters in it.
I moved it around today a bit and it has settled almost straight by eyeballing it. It did sit in at the top a little before the lift so maybe i just straightewned it out. Lol
Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 PM

Tags
2008, adjuster, adjusters, adjustment, camber, cambercaster, caster, e350, econoline, explorer, f150, f250, ford, shim, windstar