Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find wiper module (found module)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Default Can't find wiper module (found module)

I have a wiper problem on my 1997 F150 and I believe it to be the wiper module so I bought one to replace it. The problem now is that I can not find the one on the truck even when I have a new so that I know what it looks like. I have looked around the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel inside the cab, behind the glove box, in between the two, behind both kick plates,and I even started ripping apart the dash between the steering wheel and driverside window so that I could look behind the headlight switch. I can not find it, the dealer said when I bought the module it was to the left of the steering column next to the fuse box.

Can someone draw me a picture as to where this thing is suppose to be? I even have been looking for dangling wires thinking that the wiper module is not in the truck but no luck there either.

Thank you.
Ian

Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Can't find wiper module

W hat is the problem you are having? It may nhot be the module. Usually it is the switch or motor that fails.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:41 PM

The problem I am having with the wipers is; they only work when the engine is first started and only for about 5 seconds and this does not happen all the time. When it does happen the window cleaning solution will not spray nor does it spray when they are not working. When the wipers do not work there is no electricity at the motor nor at the switch at the column but there is at the fuse which has not blown.

Do you know where the module is located?

Old 12-14-2008, 05:50 PM

I sounds like a short or bad grond some where.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:18 PM

Your vehicle does not have a wiper control module. Your wipers run through the GEM module. The GEM is mounted to the rear of the inside fuse panel.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:05 PM

What a local Ford Dealer sold me is one Motorcraft wiper control module SW-5630 and told me is was for my 1997 F150.

Here is a link to a representation of what cost me $166.00 at the dealer.
http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cg...uct_detail.jsp

Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM

Also, I do have a factory service manual for the truck ordered from Ebay and according to the tracking records it should be here in a couple of days.Will the service manual be able to resolve this?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM

My service manual came in and the dealer sold me a wiper module for a 1993-95 truck. I typed the specifics but when I try to put the thread up it bounces back that there is a problem in line 269, even when things are told differently.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:39 PM

My year truck comes with a Central timing module (CTM) or a Generic electronic module (GEM). The CTM only comes on two wheel drives that do not have electric windows. Both units opperate more than the wipers, things like warning chimes, the power windows after the truck is shut off, etc.

My part number is F75B-14B205-LB

Old 12-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Both units are located on the back side of the fuse box that is to the left of the steering wheel. The fuse box needs to come out to replace them. But it is fairly straightforward: take off the dash that is in front of the box, pull out the two bulkhead wire connectors on the back of the box, take out four screws from the front, and slowly pull the box out. When the box is out disconnect the CTM/GEM and unscrew the three screws holding it in.

Quick Reply: Can't find wiper module (found module)