Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Starting, Remote Lock, Theft/Airbag Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Default Cold Starting, Remote Lock, Theft/Airbag Flashing

ALL:
I just bought a 94 F-150 Flairside 5.0 with 89,000 miles and done a complete Tunup.
I replaced the Plugs, Cap, Rotor, Throttle Postion Sensor, PCV valve, Fuel Filter. and Oil
I have also changed the Wiring Harness In Steering Column For Horn, Air Bag and Cruise Control.
I have also replaced and a few other things.
I did drain the fuel tanks and put in fresh fuel.

I have three questions (I had these 3 issues before I changed the listed parts above)
1. The Theft Light and Air Bag Light Flash when the drivers door is opened. Is this normal? If not what is wrong.
2. How can I tell if the truck came from the Factory with a remote for unlocking the doors and what else would the remote do? If so how can I get a cheap replacement remote and program it?
3. When I start the truck when it is cold it will start right up. After 10-15 seconds it will idle down and die. it will restart and run fine. (It is like it idles down to much to fast)

Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 AM

1.) Don't have an answer for that.

2.) Usually a vehicle that has a stock anti theft came with keyless entry. The remote would lock and unlock, and may have a panic button. I don't know if you can get a generic replacement, but you could contact a parts store and dealer to see what is out there.

3.) Your idle issue may be a dirty IAC. You can pull the IAC and clean it to see if it helps.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 PM

Question 1.--- Thanks, I will keep looking

Question 2.--- Thanks, I will check

Question 3.--- Thanks I have replaced the IAC and cleaned the TB and it did not make a difference