Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Problems with my truck.....vibration? clanking, drive shaft?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Default Problems with my truck.....vibration? clanking, drive shaft?

I am new to posting here, but I have a 2004 f150 supercrew...I love my vehicle, but my vehicle vibrates a great deal. I feel like I'm going to be shooken out of my truck when I am stopped at a light or parked, another thing going on is that when I start my vehicle in the morning there is very loud clanking noise followed by a high idle. I have taken my vehicle in on several occasions and the dealership auto shop keep telling me that this is normal. I have argued with them about it but they always claim to find nothing wrong with my vehicle...I would not have bought this vehicle had I known that these so called "built ford tough" vehicles were going to do this. I take care of my vehicles and I only have around 18500 miles on it. My piece of crap 1995 isuzu rodeo does not even give me this much trouble and it has over 110000 miles on it. I was just looking at some advice on who I could write or what I could do to get these things taken care of because I am sure that when my warranty wears out these dealerships will find everything under the sun wrong with my truck. Now, a new problem coming up...it sounds like something slipping around my drive shaft area...I hope this is not something "normal" with these vehicles, too. I am wondering if anyone else has had this many problems...I am from Corpus Christi, TX and just an opinion, but I wouldn't take my truck to Padre Ford...

Old 11-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Default RE: Problems with my truck.....vibration? clanking, drive shaft?

Your Last sentence should be followed up by taking your truck to a different dealer. Dealerships get paid by Ford to repair these trucks while they're in warranty. It's seems odd to me that they'd turn you out, because after all, it's their bottom line. Not only that, but they benefit from happy customers. When that survey card comes in the mail, fill it out and send it back. Thats your way of being heard. If you mention that you have a problem that hasn't been addressed, there's a good chance a Representative from Ford will call you and try to make it right.

Try a different Ford dealer and post here how it goes.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Default RE: Problems with my truck.....vibration? clanking, drive shaft?

Thanks...I intend to do just that and take my truck in to a different dealership...I just hope that it is not normal for these trucks to shake/vibrate so much...I'll post the results later after thanksgiving

Old 12-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Default 2004 F150 follow up on vibration, clanking, running rough, etc.

Just following up on what happened when I took my truck to a different dealership...I have a 2004 F150 supercrew and I had previously posted that I had problems with vibration and clanking noises, etc on a previous posting, well to make a long story short, at the suggestion of frdtck05, I took my truck to a different Ford dealership, namely Sames Crowe Ford here in Corpus Christi, Texas and they immediately found the problems with my truck. It seems that my transmission had to be overhauled and there were problems with my differential. If anyone is ever stuck in Corpus Christi, Texas, go to Sames Crowe Ford...don't go to the other ford place (there are only two in Corpus). The "other place" will tell you that it is "normal" for your vehicle to make noises, clank, run rough, etc. I will now always take my vehicle to Sames Crowe Ford. I was very pleased with the service I received at Sames Crowe Ford and I am glad they found the problem with my vehicle. Needless to say, my vehicle is running great, again.