Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miss - Transmission - Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Default Miss - Transmission - Electrical

Well, this 94 F-150 is making me broke. Have done a complete tune-up, tranny service, everything looked good, other than the problem never went away. I took it to the tranny shop last week and they told me it was the transmission, (2nd & high burned), so after a tranny, different selnoid pack, different torque converter, they informed me that all this didn't fix the problem and is still doing what it was doing before. SOOOOOOOOOO basically I just blew $1500.00. They are now saying it could be the computer, What the heck. I am at a lost and don't know what to do now. It keeps saying that the Pressue Control is bad (codes), but I dout that 3 would be bad. Could any of the relays under the hood that control the electronic pressure or computer have anything to do with this. It is like it is double shifting and shuddering. Someone had suggested unplugging the harness to the transmission, but how would this tell me if it is the computer or the harness or another selinod pack? and how would the transmission run with no electronics going to it. Does anyone have any thoughts???????? I am about ready to throw in the towel, but am willing to try any suggestions that are thrown at me. Thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Well it appears everyone must be stumped too. I guess the old ford will be making a trip to the dealer next week, to see if they can find out what's wrong with it. Hopefully, it won't cost too much to diagnois it.