Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nooks and crannies

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Default Nooks and crannies

Who else would like to know why the engineers made specific things on the interior of their truck? I am speaking specifically about a few items that puzzle me on my 2014 F150 Supercrew.

1. What gives with the design of the storage compartment on the front seat center console of the 6 passenger front seat? You lift the lid, and there is a odd shaped compartment and a flat panel with edging around it next to it, kind of like the yin/yang. What's supposed to fit there? Not CD's.

2. There is a small compartment on the dash under the air vent on the passenger side next to the center heating cooling section. What fits there? not sunglasses, not even a pen since it's not deep enough and they fall out when accelerating.

3. On the visor where it snaps into position near the rear view mirror, there is a plastic tab that looks to be designed to hold something. What does that do?

I have tried calling Ford and stopping into the dealerships to find that no one knows what these specific things I have mentioned are for. Someone had to design them, and I'd like to know what the specific purpose and design was for. I know that next to the two cup holders in the console, there is a cutout for probably a small cell phone. Great, it holds a box of Altoids just fine.

Is anyone else as curious as I am regarding the design and function of these items? If you have the answers I would love to know.