Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

friend need some help with his truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Default friend need some help with his truck

hello, im posting this to help my friend josh

my friend and i wanted to port and polish theheads of his06 f150 so we did some reserch to see what we needed to use. we read that you can sand blast the heads so thought we would go that way. after doing it thetruck runs like crap and has low compression. we dident want to take the motor appart to port is as we have no real tools so we decided to put the sand in the intake and let the motor do the porting for us. we had to go slow and thetruck had a hell of a time staying started. my question is dose he need to replace his rings or port the heads some more, diffrent sand,or what? we also knew there would be sand in the motor after this so we took the drain plug out of the oil pan and ran the hose through it to clean it out and put in 3 extra qts. of oil to help re lube every thing. its now hard to start and runs like crap and really wont idle. any ideas? i know little about cars but my friend josh is used to working on old fords and says that its normal.

thanks

Old 05-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Default RE: friend need some help with his truck

u will probaly have to completly rebuild as the sand eat up rings cylinder walls pistons and calves and guids hate to say it but that was a dumb move

Old 05-30-2008, 08:00 PM

are you sure, we only got in about 3/4 of a 25lb bag in with in 2hrs. i thought if we put any more in we would go to far and ruin the heads. i hope it dosent need rebuilt as i dont think he could afford the gasket kit right now.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 PM

THATS WHY ENGINES HAVE AIR CLEANERS ON THEM TO KEEP DUST AND STUFF OUT BECAUSE ITS ABRASIVE AND WEARS OUT THE INTERNAL PARTS I WOULDN'T EVEN RUN A TEACUP FULL THROUGH AN ENGINE

Old 05-30-2008, 08:15 PM

oh that sucks, do you guys think he could do any more damage to it by driving it to school for a few more days?

Old 05-30-2008, 08:52 PM

I WOULDN'T THINK SO AS LONG AS ITS FULL OF OIL AND WATER

Old 05-31-2008, 12:46 AM

to the guy whos post got removed

lol, keep telling your self that. my ss/t will run low 9's on the blown 408 stoker motor I built and dident do half bad on the stock 5.9.I hate to break it to you but when it comes down to it, silverado is the best, ram comes next, then ford. look in the bright side ford still kills the toys and Hondas pathetic excuse for a truck. the only thing i will say ford has on dodge is a better trans.[/align]

sorry that i just said a few sins on here so to speak but i hate it when people talk crap on the internet.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

We used to use our Dodges (before we traded'm off) as mortar mixers all the time.. Maybe add some gravel and cement to the mix and start a concrete pumping buisness? [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 05-31-2008, 01:13 AM

we used to go wheeling in our fords till we got tired of that chevy having to come pull us out.-not even a joke or a lie.

i still like ford trucks though. as long as its an american truck then it we can beat the hell out of um and they just keep coming back for more.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:04 PM

[sm=partyparty.gif]

Quick Reply: friend need some help with his truck