Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

Somethings Weird

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Angry Somethings Weird

So I have just recently purchased a 2000 F-150 with 150xxx miles on it and the guy said he changed the spark plugs and wires, which it looks like he did recently and he also said he replaced the EGR valve. I have a an error code telling me EGR Flow Insufficent. I`ve been doing some research and people say to take off the egr valve and the throttle body cover and clean something?

Also someone said to clean out the EGR tubes??

The engine is giving out sometimes..not bad enough to judge it as a misfire but ill just be driving at a steady speed and it will once and a while kinda choke real quick. Also when im in like 3rd gear and step on it it starts choking alot? what could this be??

Old 02-11-2009, 01:45 PM

You didn't mention what engine was in this truck. If it is the 4.6 V8, then yes, you may have a problem with the EGR ports plugging up. Then you remove the throttle body assembly and clean the ports our. If it is the 4.2 V6, then you must remove the upper intake, because it is ported at each intake port, and this will give a slight miss under load.
However, you say it has a code in it for insufficient flow. May not be the EGR or ports, but the sensor that is the problem. Have replace many for this code, both in V6 and V8 motors.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by oldtimer35
You didn't mention what engine was in this truck. If it is the 4.6 V8, then yes, you may have a problem with the EGR ports plugging up. Then you remove the throttle body assembly and clean the ports our. If it is the 4.2 V6, then you must remove the upper intake, because it is ported at each intake port, and this will give a slight miss under load.
However, you say it has a code in it for insufficient flow. May not be the EGR or ports, but the sensor that is the problem. Have replace many for this code, both in V6 and V8 motors.

This is the 4.2 v6 engine..the previous owner said that he already replaced EGR but idk what sensor are you speaking of?