Ford F-150 The entry level full size truck from Ford, one of America's best selling for decades.

tie rod and bearing.... GONE

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Default tie rod and bearing.... GONE

hey guys. so i may have spoken to soon about my truck. i noticed a sound coming from the driver side wheel when i turned and then it turned into clunking. so i decided to take it to the dealer ship before it got worse... but it got worse..... then i noticed the clutch stickign all the way to the floor. i blew the hydro pump... so i take my truck in just barly running and totaly scared of the price. they say.. " ya no problem those are all basic things".. 2 hours l8er i get a phone call telling me the following....
-both front bearing are COMPLETLY GONE
-both tie rods were broken
-tranny had to be taken right out in order to change hydro pump
-re alignment required
-abs sensore was broken

so i am totaly shocked because my truck showed no signs of this... i even had it put on a lift2 months before and inspected for things like this... i dont off road and i dont drive hard... i never break 3 K on the rpm guage .. an di change oil every 4000 km... so i baby the thing lik eu wouldint beleve ... the only thing i can think of is the fact that i drove about 4000km wih around 800- 1200 pounds in the back... but they checked teh beack tiresd and joints and bearing etc... they said its brand new... no sign of ne wear at all... just on the front....

NOW.... it gets more in depth...

about 1 moth ago i women ran a red light and i T boned her with my truck... her car took a lot of damage but there wasint even a scratch on my truck.. but the force was strong enough to send me flying forward ( if i had no seat belt on, i would have slammed into the windshield )... i inspected my truck and didint find ne visable damage.. so when i filed the report i said ... no visable damage....... im wondering if my hitting the women could have broken the tie rods and then the driving with no tie rods screwed up the ball bearings.... all in all... the dealer ship has given me a quote of 1800 bux... canadian...

it was going to be over 2000 but i just told them i didint have that kinf of money ... so they cut the price down to that without cheaping out on parts or labout ( i really appreciate that )

ill get back with an update post on the exact cost and what i feel about the work done.. in the mean time though... should i consider prusueing this in auto pack seeing as how the truck was fine 1 2 months ago but seemed to have these problems after teh accident... or do u thin kits unlikly that an impacts that didint even dent the bumper could break both tie rods....

thx....

Danny

Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Default RE: tie rod and bearing.... GONE

Any time you have an accident the shock sent through the vehicle can impact certain parts more than others (even if the parts looked OK they could have been fractured and grew worse in time). It's a little unfair you had to pay to repair it - but the evidence of damage at the time of the accident is over and I'm not sure you can recover the price because all the other person would have to argue is that it must have happened to your truck at a later date and if you didn't have it checked outwhen it happenedanything after that is not able to be used as evidence that the accident caused it.