Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

1990 Motorhome, Suspension Issues (leaning to the driver side)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Default 1990 Motorhome, Suspension Issues (leaning to the driver side)

howdy yall. i've got a 1990 fleetwood limited 37' motorhome with a 460. only has 40K miles. the problem is that its leaning to the drivers side pretty obviously. its got an I-beam front suspension, and two axles on the rear. the rear is not your average suspension tho. its got some kind of rubber suspsnsion. i'll try to get some pics later, but the front rear axle (the middle drive axle) has a small box welded to the front of it, and has coil springs. this axle has 4 wheels (2 on each side), with disc brakes. the rear rear axle, only has 2 wheels (one on each side), and has drum brakes. and i see no type of spring (no leaf or coil), so i'm not sure what its for. i can't see anyting wrong with the rear. nothing obvious anyway. the two coil springs aren't broken, the holders aren't bent, or broken. the axles aren't bent, and the tires are filled to the max PSI.

right now i've got a cinder block under the front drivers wheel, and its still leaning a little bit towrds the drivers side. so with out the block its a pretty extreme lean (not so extreme that it can't be drivin down the road, but still bad enough that i don't want to actually travel anywhere, or take a turn too quick, lol).

anyhoo, i was wondering if these suspensions are known for anything failing in particular? of what i should do to check what the issue might be.

here are some pics i found online of what it looks like:

i'll try to get some pics of the suspension asap. any ideas on what to look out for besides the obvious (broken leaves)? thanks in advance.