Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

2015 F-350 Driver Assist trailer settings...Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Default 2015 F-350 Driver Assist trailer settings...Pressure?

Hi.

Just bought a 2015 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke with the factory tow package installed. Great truck!

But I have a question about one setting in the Driver Assist mode.

There are two features that I can activate: Backup assistance and some sort of pressure setting that has to do with trailer braking.

I'm offered three settings: Low, Medium, and High.

But there's nothing in the owners manual or anywhere else that I can find that states exactly what that means.

Does that refer to how much pressure I have to put on the truck brake pedal in order for the trailer brakes to engage? So, if the setting is on High, will I have to press on the brake pedal harder before the trailer brakes engage?

Or does that refer to how much pressure is applied to the trailer brakes when I step on the truck brake pedal? So there will be a the greatest possible pressure applied from the trailer brakes?

Anyone able to clarify that for me, please?

Thanks so much!

bc

Old 10-11-2014, 06:21 PM

Billy
I suspect its related to how much pressure is placed on the break pedal, this is new feature wasn't on the 2011 I had, will have to experiment when i get enough miles on mine to tell one way or another.
Just picked up my new 2015 has less than a hundred miles.
Chuck
2015 F350 King Ranch White Platinum Met. FX4, LB, 3.55 elocker, man step, 2004 montana mountaineer 277rls

Old 01-24-2015, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by azkingranch
Billy
I suspect its related to how much pressure is placed on the break pedal, this is new feature wasn't on the 2011 I had, will have to experiment when i get enough miles on mine to tell one way or another.
Just picked up my new 2015 has less than a hundred miles.
Chuck
2015 F350 King Ranch White Platinum Met. FX4, LB, 3.55 elocker, man step, 2004 montana mountaineer 277rls
Same trying to get miles so I can figure it out too have 30 miles...

Old 01-26-2015, 11:46 AM

I have a break controller on my 99 truck. You can manually set it to how much breaking activity occurs on the trailer. For example if the trailer is light one would use a minimum setting for break force to keep the trailer wheels from locking up. A heavier trailer should require a breaking force that is proportionately higher. The amount of foot pressure I apply to the truck break pedal does not change.
Hope this helps.
Eric

Old 01-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Default Solved the problem

Originally Posted by eric hoffmeyer
I have a break controller on my 99 truck. You can manually set it to how much breaking activity occurs on the trailer. For example if the trailer is light one would use a minimum setting for break force to keep the trailer wheels from locking up. A heavier trailer should require a breaking force that is proportionately higher. The amount of foot pressure I apply to the truck break pedal does not change.
Hope this helps.
Eric
Thanks, Eric (and others).

Turns out it was faulty wiring on the trailer. I finally hauled it into the dealer and had them scrutinize the circuit through the trailer and, sure enough, they found a short. Pretty sad for a brand new trailer. But the Ford was just fine, as I'd expected.

By the way, last week I traded my F-350 in on a new F-150. The suspension on the 350 was hammering my brain whenever I was on concrete (due to the slab seams). It was so bad that my daughter wouldn't ride in the truck with her baby for fear of shaken-baby syndrome. I didn't really need the extra grunt with the 350 and the 150 suits my needs perfectly so all is well on that front as well.