Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

My radio will not turn off HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Default My radio will not turn off HELP!!!

I have a 2007 F 350 King Ranch dually. When I shut the truck down the radio continues to play like it is suppose to. The problem is when I remove the key and open the drivers door it continues to play. I can open the passenger door and it goes off. Could this be a problem with the drivers door switch? If so where is it located and how do I get to it. If not does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!

Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..

Door ajar switch is mounted upside down in the door latch.. They like to 'hang' or stick from debris collecting on the pin.. Sometimes spraying the door latch with some silcone or graphite based lube in that latch area and then repeatedly opening/closing the door will get it to function..

If you open the drivers door, does the interior/dome lights come on? Any 'door ajar' indication on the IP panel?

If none, you could always remove the door panel (very easy task) peel back the moisture guard (towards the back/latch) and reach in and unplug the switch as a test..