Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

The dreaded 18B402

Old 02-18-2012, 06:01 PM

It looks great, I just hope it will hold the 15lbs cooling system pressure.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:01 AM

Well Hanky, between the helicoil I had to put in my exhaust manifold last week, and this overpriced heater core tube, if they don't hold 15 p.s.i., I'll have an antifreeze sprinkler system.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:09 AM

When we try to answer some questions from folks that post here there is no way that I know of to determine their level of mechanical ability/experience. From what I have been able to gather , you have the situation well in hand. We always try to keep as much as possible close to the original when replacing a defective part, but there are some occasions where guys have come up with unbelievable solutions that work better than original because there is no cost figure involved.
Being thorough in doing a job is well worth the effort and it seems that you do some decent work. Keep us informed with your progress.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:24 PM

Well Hanky, It's funny how those factory parts seem to fit like they were made for it! Piece of cake! It went in and back together in about a half hour. It was getting the broken on out that was the choir. Like Gary said, you're working right next to the distributor and the intake, there's no room to do much. But with a little swearing and muscle I was able to get it out. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Ford Fanatic
Well Hanky, It's funny how those factory parts seem to fit like they were made for it! Piece of cake! It went in and back together in about a half hour. It was getting the broken on out that was the choir. Like Gary said, you're working right next to the distributor and the intake, there's no room to do much. But with a little swearing and muscle I was able to get it out. Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Curious when fitting the new heater pipe, was there play in the collar where the pipe threads into the block?

Got mine snugged all the way down, but still have movement. Was thinking it could be some sort of pressure fitting, but just doesn't seem right.