Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

F350 Dashboard Removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Unhappy F350 Dashboard Removal

Can someone give me a link to a video clip, or a step by step approach to remove the dashboard from my 1995 F350. My wifes rings are somewhere beneath the dash plastic or perhaps in the vent duct...Gotta find them (if you know what I mean).

Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Many times small items set on the 'crown' of the dash panel in front of the driver could take a tumble into the defrost outlet vents.. Maybe not your case, but what you might try first is giving the bottom of the heater box/case a good 'thump' and see if you can hear anything rattling inside.. More often then not, if small items dropped into the defrost outlets they fall all the way down into the case (plenum chamber), sometimes blocking the blend door ect. I can't tell you how many times I had to remove pencils, bolts, coins, buisness cards, keys, just about anything from these units.. I can give you some info on breaking the dash down, but its a sizeable job.. Check to hear if the rings are in the bottom of the case ..

Old 09-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Default dash removal f-350

hayapower i am replacing a broken dash on a 95 f-350 manual, i would like the full monty on it.so far all is apart by the instrument cluster which is removed and the gray dash front loose, only by the glove box area is it still being held by screws which look like there attached from the back side some how. they are located under the thin trim strips .also i would like to add cruise control and air to this truck. i do have a complete donor but it is an auto trans, same year. do i need a controller from a standard truck?.also is the wiring harness the same to add the air control by changing the dash unit with the donor truck? if any can help with answers or direct me to were i might find answers.thanks for your time.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..

Big project..

If you have the cluster/lower access panel removed already. The dash attachment has 4 screws up by the defrost vents, 2 bolts (1 in each corner of the lower dash lower edge that bolt to the kick/cowl panel area's just under the edge) a dash support bracket bolt close to the center dash/glove box assy. Column needs to be lowered, connectors unplugged. The radio needs to be removed/unplugged, main harness connectors under the master cylinder disconnected, windshield garnish mouldings (corners) removed. Remove the glove box door. There'll be the heater control cables and connectors vacuum/electic, brake light switch connector, e brake wire and/or unbolt the assy and lay aside. Airbag connector/s. Probably something I missed, but be carefull when moving it away.

If you have a complete donor, then the dash harness swap should be an option, steering wheel controls/sliding contact and the cruise hardware ect. added. Air would be similar, the heater A/C plenum swapped out, evaporator housing added, comp and brackets, condenser and lines, heater/AC controls, ducting, vacuum hoses/plumbing ect. The PCM would need to be a match for that specific application, engine, and options..

Add ons may be easier done with aftermarket kits..

Old 09-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Default dash change

thanks for the fast response. what is a pcm. the donor is a 5 l and this truck is a 5.8l. the whole interior is removed from the truck, also everything from the doors forward . only the rad support. it would be a good time to change the plugs i would think, would the air bag go off even if the battery is disconnected?i do not need it to go off in my face while removing the dash cover.they could have made it easy for tecs and alike if they did not put hidden screws from the back side .to change the dash cover it looks like you need to pull the whole dash board off. wow. rollin up the sleeves in a bit here . thanks

Old 09-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

PCM is Powertrain Control Module (computer)..

Air bags are fine with battery disconnected. The sliding contact or 'clock spring' behind the steering wheel is 'rotationally sensitive', meaning if you disconnect the steering box or shaft and spin the steering you'll damage the unit.. Something to consider with the donor as well if a swap..
Actually, there aren't very many attachment points for the dash assy. No a terrible job to remove..
Sent you a PM..

Old 09-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Default dash removal f-350

thanks for the help. both dashs are off and the re and re is on. this newbie is still having fun. now just remember how it all goes back again. the neighbors think a chop shop as started next door. cheers