Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Ford motor company poor quality

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 02:53 AM
Angry Ford motor company poor quality

I OWNED A 2005 F350 CREW CAB LONG BED 4X4 DIESEL THE ENGINE ONLY HAD 60K MILES ON IT WHEN BOTH HEADS WENT BAD CRACKED IN ALL 8 CYLINDIERS AND FORD WOULDNT COVER THEM COST ME A TOTAL OF $8000 TO FIX IT SO THEN I DECIDED TO PURCHASE A 2010 F350 CREW CAB LONG BED 4X4 DIESEL NOW IT HAS MESSED UP PAINT JOB FROM FACTORY PLUS DEALER AND TRUCK DRIVER PUT SCRATCHES IN IT AND IT HAD MISSIN PARTS WELL FORD WONT FIX THE TRUCK THEY SAY ITS WITH IN SPEC AND NORMAL TO HAVE THIN PAINT ORANGE PEEL AND PAINT TOTALLY MISSIN FROM AREAS WELL THE DEALER TRIED TO FIX WHAT THEY MESSED UP AND MADE THINGS WORSE THEY REPAINTED ONE FENDER AND BUFFED BACK OF CAB AND TOUCHED UP DOOR HANDLE NOW THE TRUCK NEEDS MIRRORS DOOR PANELS TAIL GATE PARTS AND MAYBE A HEAD LIGHT WHERE THE BODY SHOP AND DETAIL SHOP DID MORE DAMGE TO THE TRUCK I ASKED FOR A NEW TRUCK AND WAS DENIED AND NOW LOOKIN INTO LEMON LAW AND POSTING WITH CNN,MYSPACE,YOUTUBE AND OTHER NEWS AGENCIES NO ONE WANTS TO FIX WHAT THEY DONE RIGHT AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY SINCE I PAID $60,000 FOR THE TRUCK IT SHOULD BE PERFECT AND FORD SHOULD TREAT ITS CUSTOMERS BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!! CHECK OUT THE PICS ON www.myspace.com/bigdaddy_racing_1988 click on pics then ford motor to see the poor quality of work they produce from factory on a 2010 $60,000 truck thats just a few pics to get ya started

Last edited by BIG DADDY RACING; 11-20-2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Were you running any power building parts or programming on the 05? See you like to go fast

Did you get any help or make any contacts other than at the dealer level? Area Rep involved? Not only is the coverage not 'exactly' quality (especially for a black rig), but the paint looks to be full of porosity blisters/bubbles even if in only the jambs? With the galvanized body/panels probably would never be a corrosion issue, but looking at the light colored primer looks pretty bad and stands out against the black.. Under the hood and supporting pieces never get a clear coat and always tend to be dull since its two stage paint.. 'Nothing' looks better than a 'Flawless' black shine, but black easily shows any imperfections and should be held to a better control for the amount of $$ these S/D's command.. The door jambs will most always have 'some' degree of orange peel no matter what color applied, more so in the really tight areas but should always have or at least 'color coverage'.. The tailgate pivot area doesn't suprise me too much since I've seen a few with thinner paint there around/behind and under the pivot mount.. Keep at'em, and they ARE NOT all that way,, I'd walk the lot (as a buyer) and take a sample look at the sales fleet there.. If they all have good coverage and decent quality 'then' I'd ask them to explain the difference in craft..