Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

panefull

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Default panefull

I have a 2001 F 250 V-10. I pull a popup camper that weighs between 3 and 4K. When I am towing for about 50 miles or so at interstate speeds, the truck will lose about 500 RPM when I let off of the gas pedal like when coming down a hill or slowing to pull off the highway. This will only last a few seconds and then it will jump back up to normal engine speed. If I hold the pedal steady, it won't do it. If I am not pulling a load, it won't do it. Recently, it did it a low speeds when pulling up to a red light. I have been told that it might be the boost valve or it might be the throttle position sensor. I don't want to replace parts randomly. I've been told to put a scan tool on it ans test drive it, but that seems impractical. I don't have access to a scan tool and the problem is so specifically intermitant that I can't be sure when it will happen. I am not getting any "check engine" warnings. Any suggestion?