Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

Power windows are not working please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Default Power windows are not working please help

i was working through a mod to add heated mirrors to my 03 F250 and the mod called for me to tap the blue black wire on the window switch. now i have no power windows have removed the tap and still nothing works
could i have blown the relay? and how can i get my windows to go back up?

any ideas? 'fuses are good going to check power to the switch

Old 01-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

The LB/BK wire is the power distribution into the master panel for the windows.. If you overloaded/shorted that circuit it should have popped the #601 30amp fuse in the CJB since its between/protecting the Accesory delay relay as well as the battery saver relay/cluster.. The radio fuse is a spliced circuit on the power 'input' side of the 30amp fuse and the accessory delay relay circuit so if the radio doesn't play either check #42 fuse/15 amp in the CJB.. If they check out, make sure to check the #'s 35 and 41 (both 10amp) in the CJB.. These are power feeds into the cluster...

Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM

checked the 601 and nothing no power when key was in the on position used a test light to check

also checked delayed Acc. fuse #42 and no power there #35 & 41 both had power

i read another post of yours and even got another cluster hopeing that would be it and nothing

any idea what my next step should be? still no power to radio and windows

used your relay bridge idea to get the windows up

Last edited by fatfender48; 01-11-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Since you bridged the relay connections and the windows worked (the radio should have come back on line as well if the fuse wasn't open) takes 601 and the circuit to the master panel out of the diagnostics.. Was the Acc relay replaced? It looks like the only questionable circuits are the 'battery saver switched' 12V feed into the ACC relay connector, and the ground fuction provided by the cluster processor..

Here's a quick drawing of the relay connector and the functions.. All should test with the exception of 87 since the relay is removed.. If they prove out, the relay is probably failed..

Attached Thumbnails Power windows are not working please help-untitled.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 PM

relay has been replaced bought a new one from the local ford dealer and no change
swapped cluster no change
i think the issue is power into the acc. delay i am going to take the fuse block out again and make sure all the wires are pushed right in might be the issue
but what else should i test for when i am back there?

will double check the relay when i get home on friday and make sure all but the ground has power

Old 01-12-2010, 07:07 PM

relay was replaced with a new one from the ford dealer
i think you are right there is something wrong with the power into the delayed acc.
i am going to remove the fuse block and make sure all the wires are tight is there anything else i need to test when back there?
also i will retest the relay when i get home on thursday

Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Remember terminal 87 is the 'power out' circuit during closed relay contacts (if it were in place) out to the master switch panel so there won't be 12V there with the relay removed.. If you have a DVOM or meter check for a ground contact/reading when the key is cycled ON from the drawing.. If not grounding present, take a very small copper strand of wire and wrap the ground leg of the relay keeping it away fom any power legs and re install.. Attach a test lead and ground the lead to see if the windows/radio function..

Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM

ok lets assume that is the problem
what is the next step?
i live out of town and want to make sure i have what i need to fix the truck over the week end

now could the ground that i added on the door have caused or be causing me any issues?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

The wire you were instructed to tap was the ground for your mod? onto the LB/BK in the master panel? Should of just popped the fuse..

If you changed out the cluster, ACC delay relay is new, doubled checked/replaced all the fuses,, then checking the fuctions/circuits at the delay relay plug may point to a direction.. Since you were able to bridge the plug with window control then, then that proves out the supply/load ternminals on the plug... The 85 (12v key on) and 86 (grnd key on) legs are the only in question it seems..

Old 01-14-2010, 08:06 AM

no i did not use that wire as a ground i used the nut that is right close to where the switches are on the door as the mod said too
was just throwing it out there to make sure that was not an issue
i have not replaced any of the other fuses but none of them are blown

i will test those legs tonight

Quick Reply: Power windows are not working please help