Ford F-250 & Ford F-350 The heavier duty full sized trucks from Ford, offering bigger, more powerful engines and drivetrains for the abuse they may go through in the workplace.

So you think you can troubleshoot do ya!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:39 AM
Default So you think you can troubleshoot do ya!?

Heres the deal, 2004 F250 PSD

Everything was working 100 % on this truck,no issues at all. I swapped out the headlights for some HID's and LED Blinkers with regular parking lamps. Install went fine, all wiring is perfect have checked it 50 times. Problem is, now I have no running lights. Everything works including the trailer lights, just not my front, rear, and license plate running lights. I have checked every fuse atleast 10 times, replaced every relay in the fuse panel under the steering column, and checked the others next to my ECM under the hood. When I put power directly to the brown wire on the front running light from the battery, they all light up perfectly. I have power from the brown wire at the switch also, both brown wires actually. I cant locate the "Park Lamp Relay" does anyone know where this bastard is hidden. I have read every post on this I could find, and havent got an answer yet!! So to recap

1. Have power at switch
2. Have power at trailer harness
3. All fuses are good
4. Everything works except front and rear running lights on truck and license plate lights.
5. When power is put directly to brown wire, everything lights up fine.

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Default RE: So you think you can troubleshoot do ya!?

Try switching back to the origional and see if that makes the problem go a way
Jeff

Old 06-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: So you think you can troubleshoot do ya!?

Park lamp relay is integrated into the VSM.. Check for voltage TN/WH wire at the HL switch as well as DB/WH..Autolamp optioned?