Ford Five Hundred The new mid-sized luxury sedan, offering a powerful engine and all wheel drive.

Montego Speedo in a Five Hundred help

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Default Montego Speedo in a Five Hundred help

Hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me with this.

Recently my wife and I decided to get a new vehicle due to my daughters arrival, the Prius is now to small for our family.

So she also mentioned that I should also get a new vehicle because I deserved it. Now my FH has never let me down but is was as blend as it gets inside due to the fact that I had a base model.

So in order to just have 1 car note instead of two, I decided to upgrade the interior myself.

1. Dark Montego interior trim with center clock (needs to be connected) 98% done, need the door handles to match
2. Upgraded MP3 OEM radio with Sync (needs a few things to button it up, to be able to fully use the Sync option)
3. Rear passenger vents/power outlet on rear of center console
4. Chrome Montego rings on the speedo

And now to my problem, since i have a base model I wanted a few bells and whistles as you can see, so I purchased a Montego speedo with the message center. I plugged it in and speed and rpms work, warning lights work, BUT here is the problem, I am due for an oil change (my current speedo tells me that) and so the the Montego one, but I can't get out of that message on the Montego speedo, ALSO i have the TC warning light on the top left corner staying on (you know...the one that flashes when you skid).

Can anyone help me on how to resolve that? Should I get a Montego ECU and use it on conjunction with the Montego speedo? The stealership says to bring it in and leave it with them so they can sit with a schematic drawing and see if they're wired the same all that for $175.

Any suggestions?