Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

ford focus power window schematics?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Default ford focus power window schematics?

hi all, so i have an 02 FF Mach Audio Edition, four door ZTS and blah blah blah. 42000 miles. it's orange.
right, so the back windows (power windows) have both just stopped being windows. they will no longer stay in the up position. the motor makes a noise when you push the buttons but the window glass is not attached to the motors or levers or whatever. the glass is just loose.
both times it just happened without any provocation or incident. i was driving and the window just fell down and refused to roll back up.

so, i'm here to ask if anyone has any diagrams or schematics of the door panel with power windows so i can try to fix this.

anyone else have these issues?

also, my mach audio six disk changer has been replaced i think twice under warranty because it does this thing where it takes the cd in and just spins it, making an awful whirring sound. it's after warranty now and doing it again. what's that?

i think i'm going to fix it and sell it. it's a rare focus, very cool orange, totally badass stereo, very low miles and zippy engine. but i feel like it's falling apart for no reason...

Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Default RE: ford focus power window schematics?

hi, I had the same problem last year and I ended up replacing the power window assembly myself. The parts costs about 90 + tax and it was about 2 hour job for me. I am not a car smart person. The thing that broke is just a little piece of platic that holds the glass and the steel line moving it up and down.
I have never try but it looks like the manual window assembly which cost way less has the same part that holds the glass and the steel line. It might be possible to get a the manual assembly and put it on your broken one. but I have never done it.