Ford Focus This compact luxury sedan and hatchback has become popuar among sport compact tuners due to its small size, and available performance parts, as well as the availability of the SVT model

leaking water

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Default leaking water

My 51 focus is leaking water into what appears to be the fan for the blowers, dealer replaced something that stopped this but it is doing it again it is now out of warranty. What do I need to replace and where is it leaking?. cheers...

Old 02-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Default RE: leaking water

Does it happen when you run the A/C or all the time. If its all the time and you know its anti-freeze, then its the heater core. This is usually a pretty difficult job for a DIY'r, as most of the time a lot of the dash or the dash has to be removed in order to replace it. Some people not wanting to spend the money just remove it from the currculation. You can do this under the hood. Find the heater hoses going to the firewall and remove them (engine should be cooled before hand). If they are the quick disconnect fittings those will have to go. Cut the ends of the hoses and find I pipe to tee them together. But if you can aford get it replaced, it gets replace as it get cold without it, even here in TX.

Old 05-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Default RE: leaking water

I had problems with my 2002 SVT focus leaking water at the thermostat housing. It has been replaced twice. The thermostat is in a small housing on the top of the motor near the air box. You should be able to see water as the engine cools. I cannot positively say this is the problem but it happened to me twice. If you have a puddle toward the front ofthe engine on the drivers side it is worth checking out. It is not too expensive to replace.

Also be sure the hose clamps on your radiator hoses are tight, but not too tight.