Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Focus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Overdrive light won't go off

[align=left]The "overdrive off" light in my 2000 Focus wagon went on last week. I can't get it to turn off by pressing the button and it won't drive very well over 45 mph. How do I fix this? PLEASE HELP!
[/align]
Old 03-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Default RE: Overdrive light won't go off

The problem over 45 is likely that the overdrive will not kick on. It is likely a transmission problem - but you could check simple things like fuses and see that your battery cables are clean and that the transmission fluid level is up (remember to check the fliud as is required for your transmission -most are checked while the engine is running and warmed up.) If you check it cold and not running it will usually read much MORE THAN it actually has.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 PM

sounds likethe transmission my probe did the same thing and the light wouldnt go out. My light was blinking
Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 AM

my ford focus (2000) does the same thing. except sometimes it will jump in / out of O/D its really annoying trying to drive down hwy.
i think its a wiring problem myself but still havent got it fixed.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:12 AM

Tags
03, 2000, 350, crown, drive, focus, ford, kayausemm, light, overdrive, overdrivelight, shut, turn, victoria, wont