Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Focus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2004, 11:05 AM

Default What is the difference between the 2.0L and 2.3L engines on the focus?l

What is the major difference. When I go to the dealership they always ask and both my '03 centenial and ,03 ZX5 have the same engine. Further more my friend has a '99 ZTW and it also has the 2.oL motor.
what gives!

'68 CHEVELLE 307
'71 MERCEDEZ BENZ 280 SEL
'89 F-250 EXT CAB 4X4
'03 FOCUS ZX5
'04 EXPEDITION 5.4 4X4
Old 12-03-2004, 02:14 AM

Default RE: What is the difference between the 2.0L and 2.3L engines on the focus?l

From late 03 on, the ZX3 or sedan could be had with the 2.3l Duratec as the optional motor. Most dealers had the 2.0L Zetecs shipped as that was the standard and the Focus is thought of as more a commuter gas miser. Cheap prices make a LOT of sales. For 05, most of the motors are the 2.3LDuratec, with some 2.0Zetecs still out there.
www.hypillauto.com
Old 05-24-2006, 03:39 AM

Default RE: What is the difference between the 2.0L and 2.3L engines on the focus?l

To be correct in 2005 all focus(s) come standard with 2.0 Duratec engines with 136hp stock. The Focus ST is the only model available with the 151hp 2.3 Duratec engine. The only difference between the current 2.0 & 2.3 Duratec engines is that the 2.3 is bored out and comes accented by a 2.5" exhaust system. You can also visit the official ford site to prove my statements. I own an 05 Focus ZX4 SE and my wife owns an 05 Focus ZX4 ST.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:24 PM

Besides the obvious? Dispacement my friend, displacement. The 2.3 is simply a larger engine than the 2.0.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 PM

2.3L= bigger motor, little bit faster car
2.0L= smaller motor, better on gas
Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 PM

Tags
20, 2006, 20l, 23, 23l, betwen, big, diferences, difference, duratec, engine, engines, focus, ford, ragner