Ford Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with FF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better FF? Tell us here.

A4OD woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 10:16 AM
Default A4OD woes

As you can see I'm new to the Forum I hope I'm posting this in the right place already put it under the vans have a handicap van 91 E250 with a 5.8 liter engine and a E4 OD transmission that I am having major problems with. Just cruisin down the road at about 55 I hit a hill and the Van slowed so I Ipushed down on the throttle only to have the engine rev up like it was in neutral then a big bang or bump like someone ran into the back of the van. Ever since I've had no Overdrive. I pulled on the trans pan no metal in it, fluid dark but not burnt. checked all the electrical connections, they all look fine It never slipped in overdrive before ,it's shifts fine in all three gears with no slip. it's OBD1 so I had to count the flashes only code present is 62 if if I am counting right I totaly.hate OBD 1 If you shift it manual same result shifts fine, no slip. I have rebuilt a few Transmissions, C6,& AOD, with no problems butt this electronic transmission has me scared, afraid to rebuild it only to have same problem because it was just the speed sensor, tps ecm, or selonoid pack. I know nothing about a E4 OD and will greatly appreciate all and any help. I'm a pariplegic mechanic, run a little car repair shop out of my 2 car garage, have twin post gilbarco below ground lift , garage not tall enough so it's in front of garage with no cover. Well that's about it if anybody could give me any help I'd appreciate it