Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

2004 Ford Freestar SEL ac and mirror problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Default 2004 Ford Freestar SEL ac and mirror problems

Good day,

We have a 2004 Freestar and we have 2 problems at the moment.

1. AC on the drivers side in the front does not give cold air (the other areas seem to be fine)

2. We can no longer adjust the outside electric mirrors. They do not move (neither passenger nor dirvers).

Anyone ever have these problems and if so what were the solutions.

Thank you

Old 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Did you solve this problem?

My mirrors will only adjust in 3 directions and my passenger window is stuck in the up position.

The mirror problem is persistent, but the window is intermittent and will remain stuck for a day or a month.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:26 AM

My 2004 Freestar has the same problem with the AC. Would appreciate any input!

Old 08-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Default Freestar A/C drivers side not working and ...

If the passenger side works then it's either the motor for the temp control on the drivers side or the actual control module in the center if the console. The panels behind and on either side of the console can be removed to access the motors and the control module is easy to remove/replace. But first try disconnection the battery negative terminal for 5 minutes the reconnect and turn key to on, the motors will cycle thru and find their correct position which you should hear. If it still doesn't work it will require electrical testing.
As for the mirrors, if it's not the fuse then the drivers side control board is the problem, these can be obtained at junk yards or on ebay.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by stwoodworth
Did you solve this problem?

My mirrors will only adjust in 3 directions and my passenger window is stuck in the up position.

The mirror problem is persistent, but the window is intermittent and will remain stuck for a day or a month.

As for your window issue, the regulator motor is going and will need a replacement but check to make sure the window is free in it's track first by lightly pushing on it and observing to see if it free or bound in any way in the position it sticks in in the track, it should move slightly. If the motor is bad and you feel brave you can change the regulator by first getting the glass to the top of the track and tape it in place while the swap is done. Be sure to note the position of the adjustments before removing the old unit so the window stays perpendicular to the tracks after reinstall. And wear long sleeves and gloves as everything is sharp in there.