Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

dvd player in ford freestar

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Default dvd player in ford freestar

My parents bought a 2006 Ford Freestar that is loaded; everything automatic. Came with a DVD player that does work. The problem is that we can't get it to work with headphones. It wasNOT a pleasant drive with the movie blaring out of the radio! Does anyone know how to make the DVD player work with headphones? Need to save our sanity the next time we plan a family excursion!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Default RE: dvd player in ford freestar

You need to select the remote option........Press the head phone button on the rear control or the 2 and 4 buttons on thedash unit. Then the front can select a different audio source......Check out the owners manual if you have it.

FYI, If you use regular head phones in the rear jacks you can select radio/ dvd/ or CD seperate of the front (You can not select seperate radio stations. ie front on cd, rear on radio)

Old 02-27-2023, 01:02 PM

Has anyone here successfully installed a 2005 Freestar factory DVD / tv unit in a Freestar that didn't come with one originally? I have a 2005 Limited model with everything but the DVD. I want to add it. In the headliner is there a bracket for it under and wiring harness laying dormant? The head unit seems to be configured to accept the DVD as there is a U2029 communication code for loss of com with DVD in the codes menu of the head unit.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:30 PM

Ok I wanted to update anyone who cares about what I found out. I was lucky enough to find a Freestar with DVD in the scrap yard. What I found out is that the car is wired from the headliner to behind the dash with a wiring harness specific to the DVD. There is no chance in hell to make it work easily. What would need to happen is to completely remove the wiring harness from headliner to way under the dash. Basically you'd have to tear the vehicle apart and install the harness for DVD. Not worth it. Anyways I love the van, has everything but the DVD. I just wish Ford would've wired all the vans for the DVD so it wouldn't be so hard to add it.