Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Freestar analog dash clock

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Default Freestar analog dash clock

Just bought a 2004 Freestar Sport and love it but like to install the analog clock in the center of the dash. Bought the clock and the center vent assymbly but wander if anybody did the same and would like to know if the wiring for this clock is in the wiring bundle behind the dash. Can anybody shed some light on this? TIA Jake

Old 06-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Default RE: Freestar analog dash clock

This is more or less a reply to my own enquiry as I since found out I also need the wiring for this clock and have ordered it from Ford.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:54 PM

Got the clock and wiring installed and IMHO adds a bit of pizazz to the interior.
Too bad I did get no help from this forum.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update.. Post a pic if you can....

Old 07-02-2007, 09:35 AM

Here a picture of the finished installation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11432/AA1637D7DC234C49AD268D6BD3729BA6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-15-2008, 02:12 PM

The bulb on my clock has just burned out. To get the clock out of the dash, does it just slide out from the plastic (the whole chrome bezel and clock) or is it hard to remove the clock?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Ok Jakers. First let me say thanks for replying to my question I sent you a short time ago. I am trying to replace the clock light bulb. My problem (still) is that I can't get the darn vent panel off, without thinking I'll break it. I tried screwdrivers to pry off and try to lift past the plastic tabs holding it in. I have not been successful. I do all the maintenance on my cars and this one has me miffed/scared of breaking it. What tools did you use to get that thing off? I also tried a 2" putty knife, but still no go. Any other advice is appreciated. I am not trying to be annoying, but the burnt bulb is so annoying.....

Regards,
Jack

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM

I have the same burned out bulb on my clock. Can someone help me figure out how to remove the panel assembly?

Old 12-13-2008, 10:51 AM

Jakers, you're the pro! We need your help.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Smile Figured out how to get clock out of the dash!

Ok guys...
I finally figured this out. I had to remove the long woodgrain trim panel on the dash first. It comes straight out. I started on the left side and gently pried it out with a screwdriver.
From there I foung that the clock/vent panel has four clips on the bottom edge. You can see the lower edges once you get the trim panel off. Push these up gently and tug on the lower edge of the vent/clock panel. The panel also has hooks on the top, so you'll have to push it down a bit to get it to release from the dash. Once out, the power plug is the only thing left. The release clip is on the lower side of the plug. Push up on it and the plug will release.
There is a bulb part number on the back of the clock - F80F-13B765-AA
Ford wants about $7.50 for this micro bulb...but the closest dealer that had one was 50 miles away. After spending a couple of hours trying to find a cross reference, I stumbled across some pictures of Audi/VW instrument bulbs...same thing! The local VW dealer had them in stock, and it works fine...for $2.69!
VW/Audi bulb part number 4A0919040C
Flosser bulb 449103
OSRAM bulb 2473MFX6
You will need to gently unroll the green bulb cover and place it on the new one.
I was going to post pics, but they are too large. Send me a note if you want me to email them to you.
Regards,
Joe

Quick Reply: Freestar analog dash clock