Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Heat/AC issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Default Heat/AC issues

2004 Ford Freestar SEL 4.2. Complicated to explain. But Ill do my best considering I am not a mechanic or know really anything about cars. Rear climate- using front controls in front, Heat will NOT blow at all in rear. But air will. Have to put control of climate to rear, and even then, heat will only blow until a certain point in the round hot/cold ****. When I reach that "point" in turning the **** in the ceiling, I can hear something close inside the back panel where the blower is.

New problem. A/C worked just fine all last year. Even during the winter it was working, As I have come into the habit of checking the climate controls during the opposite seasons. Check A/C in winter, Check heat in summer. Just to make sure I have all systems working before they are needed. However, summer came early to Buffalo this year with Temps in the upper 70's -low 80's in March. Turned on A/C blows cool air (non recirculated) but, since fast moving air outside still had some coolness to it in March despite ambient temps, the air coming out was really no cooler than if I just opened all the windows. Now, also, In the rear, no matter what controls I used, front or turned on the controls in the back, no matter how I adjusted all controls, the vents(in the ceiling) only blew HOT air.

I have two 3 year olds. Considering how hot our temps got in March, concerned that this summer is going to be a hot one. I cannot have my babies frying in their seats. I, also, do not personally mix well with heat. What are the issues I'm having? Please tell me my A/C just needs to be recharged and I don't need a new condenser. I do not have that kind of money just laying around.

Please make your answers as if you are talking to a two year old as I don't understand all the technical mumbo jumbo. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 PM

Seriously, 10 people looked at the post but no one answered? Seriously?

Old 03-25-2012, 05:07 PM

I would suspect we are waiting for someone who is quite familiar with your vehicle to offer a worthwhile answer. They are on this forum, just have to hold on until they can log in.