Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Multifunction/Turn Signal Switch

Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Smile Multifunction/Turn Signal Switch

My turn signals would not turn off after a turn in either direction. I bought a used multifunction switch and installed it myself.
I noted before replacing it that the replacement part had a spring on the trip/cancel tab. When I pulled out my defective one I noticed that the spring on this one had broken. The spring is used to hold the trip tab extended so the steering wheel interrupter can trip it on the steering wheel returning to turn completed position.
I have tested it on the bench and the only thing wrong with the one I removed, was that the spring was broken.
I would like to fix it so I could sell it cheap to someone else having a problem with the multifunction switch. Does anyone know anywhere where the spring could be obtained? I have thought about finding a wrecked vehicle that the turn signal arm is broken off and pull off what is left of the switch and get the spring out of it. Anone got any good suggestions?