Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Rear Shocks/Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: Rear Shocks/Springs

Well, I went ahead and installed a set of Monroe SENSA-TRAC LOAD ADJUSTING SHOCK ABSORBERs (MONROE Part # 58624) on my van sense Monroe finally lists them for the Freestar.They bolted right up and added about about 1/2" of lift and actaully makes the ride better for me. I don't have the OEM floaty bounce, but a more "Stick to the road" feel. The rough roads I dod travel on are more controlled and smoother. Added these because I run a full sized spare under the van and would bottom the tire out on some dips when carting 4 people or cargo. No more bottoming or corner rollswith better control.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by djripper
Well I have the ride height I was looking for. Had new springs installed and must say that I am happy. FYI the springs that were used were a variable rate coil part# RV820 (cc820). The part number may not do you any good but the springs fit (front coil) 1990-1996 Ford Bronco, 1975-1991 E150 Van, or 1980-1996 F100/150. I took a couple of pics after the springs were installed. My van is loaded down in the rear with about 500lbs. The rear height of the vehicle (road to top of wheelwell) is actually only 3/4 of an inch higher in the back. The ride is still smooth, a little stiff over rough roads, but the vehicle is much more stable when turning. All in all I am very happy!! If you want to see the pics send me your email.
How has the f-150 springs affected your alignment, handling and tire wear. Also how did the van handle and ride unloaded. Thanks Jeremy

Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense
Well, I went ahead and installed a set of Monroe SENSA-TRAC LOAD ADJUSTING SHOCK ABSORBERs (MONROE Part # 58624) on my van sense Monroe finally lists them for the Freestar.They bolted right up and added about about 1/2" of lift and actaully makes the ride better for me. I don't have the OEM floaty bounce, but a more "Stick to the road" feel. The rough roads I dod travel on are more controlled and smoother. Added these because I run a full sized spare under the van and would bottom the tire out on some dips when carting 4 people or cargo. No more bottoming or corner rollswith better control.
Did you have any tire wear or alignment problems? thanks jeremy

Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 PM

No problems with tire wear or alignment. Tires wear was even across the tread. Just installed new snow tires on all 4 corners. Last set had a little over 67,000 miles on them. See my tire post for my tire info. Ride is still nice and smooth, not choppy bounce. Has a ride quality about par with a Crown Vic. I still pull my full sized spare off when hauling heavy loads, like 40 pieces of 12' TREX Decking for about a 1200 lb. load. No handling problems with this type load. The factory donut spare would not be an issue.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Default thanks

This info is very helpful. I will be ordering a set. Jeremy

Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 AM

Check with WWW.ROCKAUTO.COM as they have the lowest pricing. They will have them on sale on EBAY every once in a while. They do charge shipping, so check your local pricing + tax to compare. I got mine from ROCKAUTO.COM as I also ordered some other items, so it was very cost effective for me to get them from there.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 AM

ordered from Amazon. Thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 11:55 AM

Good to go and they're so simple to put in.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Default Welcome to NameYourBaby.ca

best baby names
Our baby name generator wizard can help you find some unique names for your new bundle of joy! Just click on either button below (depending on whether you are looking for a baby boy or baby girl name) and our wizard will suggest a name for you. Push the button as many times as you want until you find the perfect baby name you love!

Old 05-01-2012, 11:45 PM

I know this was a while back, but if you guys are still there you'd be a great responder or two. I am contemplating getting the CC820's for my 95 Ford WIndstar and I am particularly interested to know if anyone ever complained about the ride in the back seat after you (either of you) installed these CC820's. Thanks a lot to whoever writes back.... ANYBODY?

Quick Reply: Rear Shocks/Springs