Ford Freestar The latest minivan entry for Ford provides all of the technology in family vehicles with a smooth styling.

Transmission jerk

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Default bump

I had the torque recall done and had the can sync replaced and I still have this exact same problem as the OP....after getting all the above work done I figured it would go away, no luck.......any other possible causes?

Old 04-04-2015, 02:49 PM

Well after all the frustration, I took the car to the [Ford] shop near my home. Up pops a code for "fuel rail pressure sensor" or some such. Had the sensor replaced. Problem solved. Good grief.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by 60DRB
Well after all the frustration, I took the car to the [Ford] shop near my home. Up pops a code for "fuel rail pressure sensor" or some such. Had the sensor replaced. Problem solved. Good grief.

Thank you for replying.....
What did ford charge you for that service?....also do you know where the sensor is located?

Old 04-07-2015, 04:49 AM

As the OP, it's kind a responsibility to post a "resolution". Not exactly sure where the part/sensor is located. After well over a year of chasing the jerking and stalling, my MIL said "just fix it". It was about $400, including another TB that was done at the same time. The repair was done in late JAN, but I wanted to wait to be sure it was indeed "fixed". Not a single episode so far, since then.