Ford Freestyle The new crossover, combining the versatility of an SUV with the compact size and feel of a station wagon.

2006 Ford Freestyle that Surges

Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Default 2006 Ford Freestyle that Surges

Hello,

I own a 2006 Ford Freestyle that has a little over 60,000 miles on it.
I absolutely LOVE My car ... but I'm not fond of driving it and it surging when idling.
When I took it in the dealership, he was quick to tell me it was the ' Air Compressor ' and it needed to be fixed even tho in his mind, I had anywhere from a few weeks to 6 months before the air would completely go out. The engine light had been on for about a week due to I could not get it in the dealership any sooner.

I was in Pensacola Fla sitting at a drive in eatery when out of the blue, it surged forward. Every time I went to take my foot off the brake and apply the gas, it surged and would stall. Drove me out of my mind because I had a full hours drive home.
As the days progressed, I realized that it was not just surging forward but backwards as well.
After they did the ' air compressor ' change, it seemed to work and the car no longer surged. Until a few weeks after. Now, it continues to surge when more in reverse and even if I have my foot on the brake.
I am extremely nervous driving it as I don't know if it will stall on me while driving thus causing an accident. I don't do any upclose parking where you have to back out... I usually park where no one else parks just so I know I won't hit anything.

Can any of you tell me what am I to do ?? I can't trade it in, I still owe on it. I have to have this car for at least another 5 years... but if it's not a reliable car, then plans will be changed.

Thank you for anyone who can help me.

This ' surging ' only happens when the air conditioner tends to be on.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:19 PM

I would think the original problem was not corrected, but that job should be covered by some kind of warranty. Get it back to the repairing dealer and let them know all that $ you paid did not correct the problem.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:07 PM

It is your throttle body. Cleaning may help or it needs replaced. Had the same problem and cleaning worked for me.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Hi,

I am with a law firm that is investigating complaints about these types of surging and sudden acceleration problems. If you own a Ford and are experiencing these types of issues and want to learn more about our investigation, please visit our website at www.GirardGibbs.com/FordAcceleration.asp or give me a call toll-free at (866) 981-4800. You can also reach me by email at sje@GirardGibbs.com.

Thanks,

Samantha

Last edited by SamanthaGG; 01-26-2011 at 07:23 PM.