Ford Freestyle The new crossover, combining the versatility of an SUV with the compact size and feel of a station wagon.

CDs stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Default CDs stuck

We have an 07 Freestyle and have had a few problems, the most annoying is the radio with the built in 6 CD disc player. It has happned many times, but now it won't clear itself. It happens when we are listening to one CD and then decide to select another CD. It gets stuck and now all it will do when I switch from radio to CD is display "CD ERROR". When this has happened before, it would clear itself after a day or less, but now its been stuck for a week and won't clear. We live up in northern lower Michigan and bought the car from a dealer in Rogers City Michigan. Its now out of warranty and the dealers service people seem to bee less than qualified. I would pull the radio myself and take it to an electronics repair shop if I could just figure out how to get that wood grain plastic trim off that surrounds the radio. I'm a retired electrician and worked at the trade for over 40 years, so the mechanics of such work is no problem for me. But if someone knows some magic way to get my 6 CDs out, I would gladly give it a try.