Ford Fusion The next installation in the Ford sedan lineup not only joins as the new mid sized sedan, but also as the Ford entry for NASCAR.

2011 Ford Fusion Transmission Failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Default 2011 Ford Fusion Transmission Failure

Don't BUY A FORD ESPECIALLY A FUSION, YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!
Please share to your page and ask family and friends to share. Stranded In Vegas update. My Ford Fusion SEL 2011 80,000 miles, Is out of warranty and needs transmission repair, $4,000 plus. What's interesting is last year I lost reverse and it was the electric throttle and the power train module was reprogrammed.. The dealer, Friendly Ford Vegas, wouldn't tell me the codes until I started a case with Ford. I started a voluntary surrender. If Ford can't make a product that lasts and won't Stand behind their craftsmanship. I won't buy Ford again. I will talk to everyone I know out of buying a Ford. The shame is that Ford must be ok with producing a product that won't last even 80,000 miles. The power train warranty 5 yrs 60,000 means Ford knows they would go broke if they had a longer warranty. So I cleared my stuff out and left it in Vegas and will sign the voluntary surrender. Ford Corporate didn't offer to work with me or come half way. Plus, its financed through Ford credit. I don't trust Friendly Ford Vegas Ford Corporate or Ford products. I will never buy Ford again and will spread the word across My large circle of friends and Family and social media. — with Billy Becerra and 44 others.
Read Paragraph 3. Friendly Ford Vegas said the throttle body has nothing to do with the transmission/power train. This article states that there is a power train module that is reprogrammed. Ford owners read and be aware. http://www.autonews.com/…/nhtsa-ends...nto-1.6m-ford…
Update: Ford Exec offices may pay for a portion of the tranmission repair, 2011 Ford Fusion 80,000 miles. My payments are 460, with a 16,000 balance. It blue books for maybe 10,000, private buyer. I have kept it like new! The Transmission would cost another 4200 at the dealer. That's the other thing, american cars loose their value unlike their foreign competitors, like Honda!
Update: Ford Executive Offices offered to pay 50% of $4200.00. Warranty is 5 yr 60,000 mile power train. Mine is a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL 80,000 miles. Due to loosing reverse last year(Hemborg Ford Norco) the recall on the throttle body, and the re-programming of the power train module, they should cover it. It has had a history of shifting problems. I had the transmission serviced for that reason last year, at Hemborg Ford, Norco. I can't come up with the 2,000, and don't think I should. I am holding onto the form to do the voluntary surrender. Ford Motor Credit had extended my payments so a payment is not due til March. This because of my heart attack in December and my pending medical retirement. Due to the dealers attitude, I have thought about not sending the form in and letting them go through the lien process. Also, my life's goal will be to tell my story to everyone and talk as many people as I can out of buying a Ford and especially a Ford Fusion. FORD MAY THAN REALIZE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WISER TO SPEND THE ADDITIONAL 2,000 AND DO WHAT WAS RIGHT AND WARRANTY MY TRANSMISSION!