Ford Sport Trac SUV seating and versatility meets the compact pickup truck in this crossover.

6 disc cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Default 6 disc cd changer

New to the site and hoping to find some help. I have 2003 sport trac and my 6 cd changer will not play, will not load or eject, and does not move the cd's when you try to do anything. I have 5 cd's loaded and the only thing I am told is "cd error" when I try to do anything. Is there anything I can do to get cd player working? The radio does still play. Thank you. Mark

Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 PM

if you now what the problem post it so i can find out

Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 AM

I got this same problem last night when I loaded a new cd. Did you ever figure this out?

Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 AM

Don't know if this will resolve your issue, but you can try this. It worked for me on my Daughter's 03 Explorer...

Put the unit into shipping mode by turning the radio on, press and hold the "SCAN" button and preset 1 until the display reads "PLEASE WAIT".... this should last for about two seconds after which the display should read "IN SHIPPING MODE" for three seconds.

Disconnect the battery, then remove the front trim. Then remove the retaining screws for the radio & remove radio.

Remove two large screws on the upper side of the radio to release the CD changer. Carefully (watch the delicate wires) prop the changer above the
radio, and remove the changer cover, giving you access to the mechanism
and any CD's held hostage.

After I removed all of the CD's, I re-assembled and re-installed the radio. Hooked the battery back up and all worked fine.

Don't know what issue it actually had, but it's still working fine.

Good luck.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Default 6 disc changer

I am having a hell of a time with my in dash changer. I have the CD ERROR message. The unit thinks there are discs in all 6 slots, but there aren't. I have installed 2 used radio/CD changer units with the same reults. The one I just put in is from LKQ and guaranteed to be in working condition. I am starting to think there is something wrong with the car itself in relation to the entertainment system. The radio is till in working order, it's just the CD changer that thinks it's full.

Is there a hard reset that I can try to reset the CD player? I tried holding the SCAN and preset 1 buttons. I did not get any type of message.

I have a 2002 Lincoln LS

Any elp would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Smile Try this it will work.

Originally Posted by mjband2
New to the site and hoping to find some help. I have 2003 sport trac and my 6 cd changer will not play, will not load or eject, and does not move the cd's when you try to do anything. I have 5 cd's loaded and the only thing I am told is "cd error" when I try to do anything. Is there anything I can do to get cd player working? The radio does still play. Thank you. Mark
Get yourself a thin stiff peice of wire with a small hook on the end about 6to 7 inches long. Insert the wire and you will be able to pull the cd,s out one at time.Its not easy but you will get them out. After you get all your cd,s out DO NOT use trac 1 anymore use trac 2 and only play one cd at a time this should work for you it works for me. Let me know if this works for you.