Ford Sport Trac SUV seating and versatility meets the compact pickup truck in this crossover.

Best place to get Soft Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Default Best place to get Soft Tonneau Cover

Hello,

I'm looking for a soft tonneau cover for a '03 sport trac. Any suggestions? I'd like a snapless one so I don't have battle with streching the cover in the winter to get the snaps to line up (I used to have one on my Ram that had snaps). I've been looking around and found some, but I don't know what to go with really. Anyone bought any recently and have any suggestions?

Mike

Old 12-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Best place to get Soft Tonneau Cover

Don't know the name of it, bu I've seen a soft cover that opens and closes via tracks mounted on the inside lip of the bedsides. Should be able to find it in one of the truck magazines.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

is this what you are looking for?

http://www.truckperformance.com/prod...Covers+-+Soft/

Old 12-16-2005, 11:36 AM

Yes, these are what I'm looking for. I did find one on eBay and ordered it. It arrived yesterday (in only 2 days) and I put it on and it seems ok. It was only $149 + $30 for shipping. Check it out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8009806704

It works good, the seal is good to. Most of them I've been looking at are Velcro. This one has a rubber strip that goes around that you push into a channel. Appears to hold good even when I'm on the highway (I went for a drive soon as I got it on ) Looks nice to.

The only problem I have with it, is that it did take a little work to install. When I clamped everything down I found it didn't fit right. I had to losen all the clamps and then put the cover on with all the bows to find exactly where it should go. Then I had to carefully remove the cover and tighten the clamps. Works good now and I like the bows. They have this lever you pull back to remove them. Alot better than my old cover where you had to just hit the bows to "pop" them out. Overall, it's not the best, but I'm very happy with it, especially for $179. Thanks for the help!

Mike