Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

1994 Taurus 3.0 "U" Fuel pump problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Default 1994 Taurus 3.0 "U" Fuel pump problems

There seem to be a bunch of issues with these I guess, and I'm at my wwits end. This car seems possessed. Car originally died, no fuel feed, nephew had car towed to his house, I found a bad relay 30-amp, replaced and car ran fine. Same day, 50 miles from home, died again. Towed to MY house, relay was ok, inertia switch had not popped, so I dropped the tank and pulled the pump. Pump runs direct off battery ok. Checked feed to inertia switch, no power. Checked wires/harnesses all appeared ok. Swapped Relay Ctrl Module with my neighbors '95 Sable (same FORD part), got power to inertia switch, but pump still won't actuate. Power thru inertia switch appears to be 5-6 volts, is that enough? Perhaps pump works ok at 12 but not at 5-6, does that make sense? In any case, I put the old relay control modile back again, and I'm STILL getting power to inertia switch. I ran a paper clip to close the inertia switch circuit to rule it out, still no pump actuation. Any ideas? I still have tank out at this point in case I need to replace pump anyway. Try my email RFMcQueeney@gmail com or phone (307)-631-9994 if you have any thoughts, may not be online again for a while thx.