Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Taurus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Front passenger floor wet on 05 Taurus. Help!!

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of an 05 Taurus. I've owned it since April, and have only had one major problem--Water collecting on the front passenger floor. This is the second time it has happened and it was after a rain storm. The first time, the problem was diagnosed as a blocked A/C drain plug. It was repaired, and I haven't had a problem in weeks, until now. I've found out this is a common problem in the Taurus. Some say it has to do with the air cabin filter leaking water through to the A/C blower. I did just have my cabin filter replaced. I wonder if they didn't insert it correctly, because the problem seemed to have started after its replacement. Others say it has to do with a bad passenger cowl seal or a plug below the floorboard. Can someone help me? I hope it's covered under warranty, because I purchased an extended warranty through CarMax. Maybe FoMoCo covers it?

Thanks, Joe..........
Old 09-30-2007, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Front passenger floor wet on 05 Taurus. Help!!

Windfall,

I had the exact same problem with my 03 Taurus. My dealer did all that they could do to re-create the issue and could not get it to leak. The next rain storm I had another pond on my passenger floor mat. However, a few weeks later during an oil change they suggested that I replace the cabin air filter. Maybe a fluke, but ever since I changed it..... the car has been dry ever since. Not sure if that makes sence or not, but Ill go with it for now. :-)
Old 10-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Take a look at the passenger side wiper cowl. It should be sealed tight against the windshield. The cowl will need to be replaced if not. Very common issue.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:28 PM

I have a '02 Taurus. Over the summer had the same issue-water on the front passangers side. Then last week, my heat started to slow down and stopped working. I took it to the dealer( I live in Boston and really can't go without heat in the car!Click the image to open in full size....anyways---they had to replace the blower motor and resistor along with the cowl and weatherstrip. They said it corroded the motor due to the water leak. Mine was not covered under warranty---I would get it to the dealer soon--hopefully yours is still covered!
Hope this helps....Good luck
Old 12-01-2007, 11:03 AM

how do you change the wiper cowel what is it can you send me a diagram or show me on the site t hank you
Old 12-08-2007, 05:07 PM

There is and updated procedure to replace the pollen filter cover and use clear silicone to seal around the edges of this cover to prevent water from entering reference TSB # 04-15-03.

www.discountedgenuinefordparts.com

Old 12-08-2007, 05:07 PM

Tags
2004, car, collect, floor, floorboard, ford, leak, mats, passenger, passengers, rain, side, taurus, water, wet