Ford Taurus The long running mid sized sedan offering sure footed front wheel drive and a roomy interior.

Help With 99 Taurus Wagon...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Default Help With 99 Taurus Wagon...

Please read the whole post...
Took my 99 Taurus SE wagon to air care in Feb, got a trouble code (P0401).
There was no check engine light, whatsoever, and we left it for a few months before trying to figure out what was wrong.
Took it to the Kal Tire where my boyfriend works, and their scanner could not bring anything up (error). We though maybe it was just that scanner, so one of his coworkers brought his own scanner, but he got the same thing. Couldn't connect.
Took it to a different Kal Tire (different city) and they came up with the same thing; couldn't read anything, just came up with an error.
We then took it to a local mechanic (not air care certified) and he was able to get his scanner to connect, and it came up with NO trouble codes. Nothing. I don't believe he got the same error code. So we took it back to Air Care, and same trouble code came up. Apparently, my check engine light is supposed to be on as well, at least when the car starts up, but it doesn't.
Any ideas at all? This has been stumping everyone who has come into contact with the car for months now...