Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Taurus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM

Default No spark

1997 mercury sable, (taurus twin)

I had a blown head gasket, engine had 209,000 so I decided to pull the motor and do a slight rebuild and clean of the whole thing. Everything went good and once I got it back together it won't start, does not have spark.

I caught someone moving the crank shaft sensor

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/ba...taurus_cmp.gif

And of course I rotated the engine to clean the cylinders so the ignition timing is all messed up now.

I need to know hot to re sync the ignition timing so it fires correctly. And not by marking the way it is.. because its all messed up.. i need to know how to do it from scratch.. setting cylinder 1 to top dead center or whatever i have to do to set this back in right...

Any help is great help.. or if you know where i can find this info it would be great...

thanks for your time,

Fred
Old 01-31-2012, 05:13 AM

Have you solved your problem yet?
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 AM

Since we haven't heard from you, is it safe to assume you found the answer to how to set the cam synchronizer ?
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 PM

I did figure that out.. I just had to clean the ground better and I got spark.

Now im having a cylinder 2 miss fire.

When I took the lifters out.. all of them where depressed down. I had to use cleaner to break them loose.. i then took them apart and cleaned them all really good and reinstalled them. is there a possibility that the lifter could be bad?

there is a slapping noise right around cylinder 2 its a ticking.. sounds like a bad lifter.

Is it possible that the lifter being bad, is not allowing the push rod to tilt the rocker, in turn not opening a valve? causing the miss fire?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Yes ,I would think that is a good possibility. Do you have the tools to do a compression check?
Were you able to load the lifters in oil before installing them?
Did you happen to notice if any of the rollers were a little rough?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM

Tags
01, ford, mecury, mercury, o2, sable, spark, stable, taurus, taurusno