Ford Tempo/Probe These small cars offered a sporty feel and affordable price.

93 Probe GT Electric issues?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Default 93 Probe GT Electric issues?????

I hope somebody out there has experienced something like this or has advice on this...[sm=sigh.gif] here goes:

I have taken my 93 Probe GT to an automotive electric shop (this was two years ago mind you that this started and is an on again off again issues) only for them to say that it is fine, and works perfect. I have also had the battery and altanator tested and both have "passed." This would be great if everything did in fact work perfect, which it doesn't.

Everything is fine then one day....
I have no radio, even after hardwiring from the battery, to a switch, to the cd player. My lights in the key hole do not come on when i pull the door handle, the light-ring around the ignition does not come on, and the interior lights will not come on. If I push one of the three buttons on the interior light panel on the ceiling (two "map" lights and the actual interior light) the "Door Ajar" light comes on. Also, it stays on when I get in the car and start it up, but it will fade after a minute or two. The radio just never comes on. It will flicker on and off every once in a while, like its just not receiveing power (as I said.. i have it going from the battery with a switch now [ to see if the cars power wire was messed up]). Had it not been for the radio, I probly wouldnt have paid much attention to this, because everything else works 100%. No other problems.. headlights are fine and all of the other dash lights are fine... im so confused.. short of putting dynomite in the tail pipe i dont know what else to do.. any help would be great. Thanks.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Default RE: 93 Probe GT Electric issues?????

YOU HAVE A GROUND PROBLEM CHECK FOR A BAD GROUND SOMEWHERE.