Ford Tempo/Probe These small cars offered a sporty feel and affordable price.

93 probe timing - spout connector

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Default 93 probe timing - spout connector

I am working on my daughter's 1993 ford probe 4-cylinder AT. I need to do the final timing adjustment. I was reviewing the Haynes manual and it said that for all probe 4-cylinders I needed to unplug the SPout connector prior to setting the base timing. It claimed the connectoris located between the battery and the diagnostic terminal.
I have looked all over that area, as well as near the distributor for both in-line connectors, and shorting connectors and I cant find it anywhere. Can anyone tell me where to find this connector? or is it possible the book is wrong and you actually shortTEN pinto ground on the diag connector as you do on the Mazda MT?

The book doesnt show a picture. I have seen it described elsewhere as the shorting type - grey 1" x 1" square aprox, with 2 wires. I checked at my local car parts stores but they acted as if they had never heard of an SPout connector - one asked if the distributor had a vacuum hose running to it....
I'm 10 minutes away from completing the repair once I find that connector. I appreciate any help you can give...

thx,
cryptic[/align]

Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Default RE: 93 probe timing - spout connector

Let me answer my own question in case anyone else needs the answer- I found out from Just Answer.com
There is no SPout connector on this car contrary to what the Haynes book says. You have to jump the TEN connector in the diag terminal to the grnd terminal..[/align]