Ford Tempo/Probe These small cars offered a sporty feel and affordable price.

Couple of Tempo questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:18 AM
Default Couple of Tempo questions

Ford Tempo,1990 model,2.3L OHV,Auto

Does anyone know how to remove this dang T handle on the automatic tranny shifter?Also,does the engine have a hicky on the crank pully to use a magnetic pickup to check timing?Got a Snap on Lumi/mag I wanna play with but can't find the round hicky to plug the crank sensor in.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Default RE: Couple of Tempo questions

there should be a philips screw in the side of the handle

Old 11-27-2005, 07:22 PM

I looked and there isn't a screw or plug anywhere on it.Looked front and back,both ends,felt up under the handle but nothing.Even looked for one of those goofy staples like GM used in my 90 Z24 cavy but nothing.Are they pressed on or molded on to the shifter?Wanna swap it out with one of those Cheezy APC aluminum jobbers.Figured why not,$400 car and I can tick off my ricer driving buddies.Got a Folgers coffee can I want to weld up into a Fartercan look alike tip.....but gonna leave it saying folgers.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 AM

Real quick post cos I'm waaaay lost dood. I was with you on the Folger's doo hicky but lost you on the Fartercan. I've seen a few hickies in my time but I must say....! I have NEVER farted in a can, at least not when I was sober(don't ask, please). Now if you care to know what a Buttercup is, I could tell you some stories...... Ok, so you have a Tempo.... Sorry, no clue what you're talking about, still. Those Tempo's have so many do-hickies built in as original equipment it's hard to know which one you're talking about without an accurate wiring diagram.. They have doo's for lights a wrongs, inside and cast outside. Rongs were built in the same time they put in the dongs; not to mention a few of the wrongs. The hickies are mostly meant for private business, but sometimes they are included in permanent like, uhhh sorta.....Leave a blemish on the exterior. Don't be surprised if the do doesn't (or does) make right. Sometimes it moves on to the interior. Occasionally these things just go un-noticed. Dey reaaly does have a mind of their own and causes all sorts of madness.. I didn't really mean to go so tech savvie but there are times when the questions and possible answers are so widespread, like the gas I release on a regular basis. At any rate, as many have noticed in these forums, I have enough gas to go around.

Whew!!! Wesa wasnt shure we'da make it!

Hope ya figger it out